Benefits of joining the Association for Informational Systems at GSU:
- eLibrary: AIS members enjoy exclusive access to the AIS eLibrary, one of the most comprehensive and extensive elibraries in the field of information systems. In addition to providing access to ten highly regarded journals, the AIS eLibrary also allows members to peruse our conference proceedings and to take advantage of exclusive discounted rates to a growing number of professional journals.
- T.A.G: All GSU AIS members get a free membership to T.A.G! "T.A.G is a leader in the technology industry, connecting you to thought leaders, executives of FORTUNE 500 companies, investors, government and civic leaders, service providers and entrepreneurs. TAG membership also provides you with instant access to our specialized groups that focus on a board cross section of industries and topics." Click here to learn more!
- Conferences: AIS members have exclusive access to two of the most preeminent information systems conferences in the world: The International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) and the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS). Additionally, members are granted exclusive access to AIS-affiliated conferences, such as the European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS) and the Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS)
- Workshops: Interested in learning more about different aspects of informational technology? Want to get familiar with HTML? CSS? Health Informatics? Come by one of our workshops to get the 4-1-1. Click here to find out what’s coming up.
- Events: Interested in getting to know different companies and their missions? Looking for an opportunity to network? Stop by one of our events where AIS invites keynote speakers to discuss different topics from within their company.
- Career Placement: Are you ready to plan your next career move? As an AIS member, you can use the Career Placement Service to view the latest job postings from top information systems schools and corporate recruiters, and to post your resume. Furthermore, AIS members can take advantage of the open and private placement services that are offered at our two conferences, if they are also registered for the conferences.
- Community: Perhaps the most important benefit of AIS membership is the community itself. By becoming an AIS member, you will have access to the best and brightest information systems academics and professionals, and all they have to offer. The Georgia State University chapter offers volunteer opportunities and programs designed to enhance the passion for technology throughout our local community.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): AIS' SIGs facilitate networking and the exchange of ideas within particular areas of interest.
- Awards: AIS offers several prestigious awards to its members for their contributions to the world of information systems. Click here to learn more about our GSU Chapter awards.
- Faculty Directory: Staying in contact—and establishing new contacts—with your fellow academics is vital to your career. That’s why AIS offers a comprehensive faculty directory, with listings of both member and non-member IS academics throughout the world.
- AIS Insider: By becoming a member of our chapter, you will be opted in for our newsletter! Every 2 weeks, our newsletter brings words from our partners, upcoming events, any additional news from the executive board. Click here to sign up!
Interested? Join us today!
This information was provided by our national website.